Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2019) is a university level exam organized by the BITS, Pilani. It is a computer based exam conducted for providing admission in various degree courses offered by Pilani campus, K.K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus of BITS. It is mandatory to qualify the BITSAT 2019 exam to get admission in various courses for the academic year 2019-20. Through BITSAT exam, students will get admission in BE, B.Pharma & M.Sc courses in various specializations. Here we are providing details about BITSAT 2019 including application, dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, etc.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Dates
In the table given below, we have mentioned the tentative dates of BITSAT 2019:
|Application form release||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of March 2019|
|Application editing window||2nd to 3rd week of March 2019|
|Allotment of exam centre||4th week of March 2019|
|Slot booking by candidates||4th week of March to 1st week of April 2019|
|Release of hall ticket||2nd week of April to 2nd week of May 2019|
|Exam date||3rd week to last week of May 2019|
|Apply for admission (basis of 12th marks)||1st week of May to 3rd week of June 2019|
|Admit list and wait list release||3rd week of June 2019|
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
- Students will be able to fill the BITSAT application form through online mode.
- Only one application form will be accepted by each candidate.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of photograph must be between 4 KB to 50 KB and signature size should be 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Candidates also have to submit three preferences for exam centres.
- The university will provide one time correction facility to the candidates.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the university.
- For Indian exam centres, the application fee will be Rs. 2950/- for male candidates and Rs. 2450/- for female candidates.
- For Dubai exam centre, candidates have to pay Rs. 4500/- (US$70).
- The application fee is non refundable.
- Payment can be done through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Students can also pay by cash payment through generated Pay-in Slip.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria of various courses offered under BITSAT exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 12th exams of 10+2 system in the year 2018 from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have PCM subjects (PCB subjects for B.Pharma) with adequate proficiency in English. However students with PCM subjects can also apply for pharmacy.
- Minimum Marks: In the qualifying exam candidates have obtained 75% in PCM/PCB and also have scored minimum 60% marks in each subject.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the 12th exams in the year 2019 are eligible to apply.
- If students has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class then the latest performance will be considered.
- Candidates who are presently studying in BITS and any of its campuses they are not eligible to apply.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates can check here the exam pattern of BITSAT 2019 exam:
- Exam Duration: The duration of exam will be three hours.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through computer based online mode (CBT).
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type (multiple choice questions) asked in the exam.
- Sections: The exam will comprise of four sections, i.e. physics, chemistry, English proficiency & logical reasoning and Mathematics or Biology.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for wrong answer. No marks will be given for un-attempted questions.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|