CLAT 2019 Exam Dates have been released now. The exam will be conducted for admission to undergraduate & postgraduate law programmes. This year, CLAT Exam will be managed by the National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO). It is a national level entrance examination. It is managed by the 19 Indian National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotation basis. On the basis of CLAT scores, candidates can also get admission into various government & private law colleges across the country. Check here complete information about CLAT 2019 exam dates, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
CLAT 2019 Exam Dates
In this section, we are providing a tentative schedule of CLAT 2019 Exam Dates. Whenever the official CLAT exam 2019 dates announced we will update it here:
|Admission Notification Release||3rd week of December 2018|
|Application Form Availability||1st January 2019|
|Last date for form submission||31st March 2019 (11:59 PM)|
|Downloading of Admit Card Starts||3rd week of April 2019|
|Date of CLAT Entrance Exam||12th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||3rd week of May 2019|
|Representation of questions or key||Till 3rd week of May 2019|
|Uploading of amended answer key (if required)||4th week of May 2019|
|Result/Merit List Declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|First Indicative Seat Allocation Publication||1st week of June 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee||Till 2nd week of June 2019|
CLAT Application Form 2019
Candidates check here about CLAT 2019 application form releasing mode, date of availability, required documents to upload & other details:
- The application form will be available only through online mode from the official website.
- CLAT Registration 2019 will be started from the 1st January to 31st March 2019.
- Only one application will be filled by the candidate.
- Upload your scanned photograph (Dimensions: 200×230 pixels & Size: 20KB to 50KB), Signature (Dimensions: 140×60 pixels & Size: 10KB to 20KB) and Specially Abled Persons (SAP) certificate (If required).
- There will be no need to send a hard copy of the filled application to the CLAT office.
- After successful form submission, no alteration/editing in the online application will be done.
- Candidates should submit Rs. 4000 as an application fee.
- For SC/ST category, it will be Rs. 3500.
- The fee payment will be done through credit card/debit card/net banking/pay wallet/RuPay, etc.
- Candidates will also make payment through offline mode (Bank Challan).
- The fee is non-refundable and non-adjustable.
|General/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) & other categories||Rs. 4000 + extra charges|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 3500 + extra charges|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates should check the given eligibility criteria to apply for the CLAT exam. The complete details about CLAT 2019 eligibility are given here:
- Indian National/NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply.
- NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply for those NLUs where such category is admitted.
- Foreign National candidates not need to appear for CLAT exam, they can apply directly to the concerned institutions.
- Upper Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG Integrated & PG courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
|Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks|
|For UG Integrated Courses||Pass 10+2 examination from the recognized board.||Secured minimum 45% marks (for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories) & 40% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
|For PG Courses||Pass LLB/5 years Integrated LLB (Hons.)/any other equivalent examination.||Secured minimum 55% marks (for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories) & 50% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check this section to know about CLAT exam pattern details of UG & PG courses including mode, duration, marking scheme, negative marking, etc.
- Exam Date: The examination will be held on 12th May 2019.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice/Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 questions (for UG) & 150 questions (for PG) will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks (for UG) & 150 marks (for PG).
- Marking Scheme: In correct response, one mark will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|For UG courses (Integrated)||English including comprehension||40||2 hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
|For PG Courses||Constitutional Law||50||2 hours|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50|