JEE Main 2021 exam dates announced by the Education Minister on December 16, 2020, The first session of JEE Mains 2021 to be held from February 23 to 26 in online mode. The exam will be conducted in multiple sessions (February/March/April/May 2021) for admissions in the next academic session. The registration process for JEE Main 2021 has been started by the NTA from December 16 to January 17, 2021.
JEE Main 2021: What’s new?
Due to the COVID-19 in 2020, JEE Mains was conducted very late than the usual time. Moreover, not only the exams but various other authorities (such as Class 12 boards) have taken various steps so that candidates don’t get affected due to the pandemic and lockdown. Similarly, in JEE Main 2021, various steps have been taken to help students in every possible way. Those steps are:
- JEE Main 2021 exam will be conducted four times in a year. The exam will be conducted in February, March, April and May. It will help students to appear in any of the four exams as per their situation. If any candidate appears in all the four sessions of the exam, his/her best score will be considered for the counselling process.
- For the first time JEE Mains 2021 will be conducted in 13 regional languages including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. It will help the candidates from all over the country to appear for the exam.
- Candidates are now required to attempt 75 questions out of 90 or 25 out of questions 30 in each section of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. This step has been taken keeping in mind the syllabus reduced by different boards across the country.
- Out of 30 questions in every section (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics), candidates will be required to attempt only 25 questions. There will be no negative marking for the 15 optional questions incase they are attempted by students.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates
Below we have provided all the official JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session and April session:
|JEE Mains 2021 exam dates||Session-1: 23-Feb-2021 to 26-Feb-2021
Session-2: 15-Mar-2021 to 18 Mar-2021
Session-3: 27-Apr-2021 to 30-Apr-2021
Session-4: 24-May-2021 to 28-May-2021
|The exam will be conducted multiple times in two shifts on each day
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papers or sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.